Thursday, November 17, 2011

hoot hoot ...up in smoke


I certainly am glad I saved alot of short videos to make these "every day in November' entries that much easier.  I'm sure you'll get at least a smile out of this one...

Today is 'our cruise' day to Vancouver...but we're waiting to see what the weather holds in store for us. If the wind is still 'giving 'er hell' we've got alternative plans to meet for lunch in the city. 

A friend phoned me this morning..yelling "There is a mouse in my kitchen..help me"...ha! ya right..I'll get right on that one!!  I'm more afraid of mice than she is...BUT I did go and buy a few mouse traps and helped her set them up using peanut butter and cheese as the bait... Tomorrow will tell if this worked.  Just how the heck can a mouse get to the 2nd floor of a building? must be able to crawl up the outside stucco walls? or take the elevator!!!!!  anyhow...buying a mouse catcher was quite the experience..do we buy a snap type one(the old kind) OR the latest "glue trap"...  it's a 6x8" pad of VERY VERY sticky glue...just set it out and when the mouse hits it , it's stuck for life..>BUT it is NOT dead when you find it there...so what does one do with a captured LIVE mouse ... decided we didn't want to find out and went for the old fashioned snap kind...  up date to follow!!

hope the wind dies down a bit...but it's blowing hard at the moment...
time to call it a day...but this is my Thursday blog entry....

No comments: