Beginning at the back ..
Cast on 2 stitches
1. (right side) Knit
2. Inc 1 stitch in the first stitch. K1
5. Increase 1 stitch in first stitch..Knit to end of row.
Repeat 3-5 rows FOUR times more.
Next 2 rows:
Cast on 10 stitches (I used thumb cast on) at the beginning of the row..Knit to the end
Cast on 10 stitches..Knit to the end..28 stitches after 2nd row cast on. Place marker on last stitch of last row.
Work in garter stitch to 4 1/2 inches from marker row.
Place second set of marker at each end of last row. Knit for a further 3 (3.5-4)inches from 2nd set of markers ending with a
WS (wrong side) row.
1. K3 *K2tg;K3* Repeat from * to end of row... 23 st.
3. K3 *K2tg;K2* Repeat from * to end of row. .. 18 st.
5. *K2tg; K1* Repeat from * to end of row ..12 st.
6. *K2tg* SIX times. ....6 stitches.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through remaining stitches and draw up firmly. Fasten securely.
Using a flat seam, sew instep to 2nd set of markers.
Sew edges of back triangles to cast on stitches of sides to form the heel. Finished!